Wednesday, January 27, 2010

As a Matter of Course, of course

Nothing too new is going on in Germany besides the fact that the snow seems to have stopped (except yesterday), but the temperatures remain in the 30s and the sun still struggles to shine. The German class continues to refresh my memory of... German. I believe I have adapted to the German Life. I have a much greater respect for private transportation, albeit the ease with which one can travel throughout the city is unparalleled by automobile. Bread (or the German "Broetchen") and cold cuts seem to be the food of choice (I'm not sure if I have mentioned that before or not) and, of course, Beer is the drink of choice for the most part. I have decided that Doener Kebabs are an excellent food choice for lunch and are rather cheap (comparatively). Also, croissants with chocolate are delicious and they have become something of a cornerstone of my bakery visits.

The massive amount of Australians that attend the Winter University celebrated Australia Day yesterday and, naturally, us Americans had to join in the festivities. While they indulged in their Australian ways, we found it necessary to announce our presence by singing the Star Spangled Banner. It was all in good fun and it was quite an enjoyable evening.

This weekend we will be visiting the Swabian Alb to see German nature. That's about all I can think of for now.

Bis spaeter!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What are Doener Kebabs? I'm glad you guys sang The Star Spangled Banner, gotta keep the USA visible! Have a fun weekend.