Thursday, January 7, 2010

Current Events

Well, thus far the trip has been a lot of fun. Took the placement test on Tuesday and am in the 2nd level which I'm okay with because I don't want to have to do an insane amount of work and I'm also still trying to remember all the German I learned 6 months ago.

It's kind of funny here at the apartment in which I live. The rooms are kind of pressurized, like the doors seal very well. So at night before we go to bed and in the morning after we wake up we have to air out the room because condensation builds up on the windows. It's just a technique I'm not used to seeing. In terms of meals, lots of meat and bread. Classes start at 8:45 am and we have to take a bus and two trains to get to the school so we leave the house at about 7:45 and get up at 6:30, something I am not used to, so I've been going to bed a lot earlier than I normally do.

At the Winter University, it is about 20% American and the rest Australians with 2 Brazilian students, so it's been a lot of fun getting to know them, and plus I really dig the accent. So the past few nights we've been going out with them for a few beers. I'm trying to keep a brief diary that I just jot a few things down that I did on the day so I can hopefully recollect all the stuff we do.

The highlight of the past few days is when we discovered a street named "Kansasstrasse" eventually when I load the pictures into my computer I'll post a picture of that. That's all for now I guess, tschüs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is the weather there? Snow?

Mom said...

Glad it's going well, and you did well on the German placement test. You are really getting up early! That's a change. Have fun and we will have to get on Skype one of these days.