Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow, snow, snow

Well, I've been told it doesn't snow a lot in Germany... the exception, of course, being the time I visit. I believe it has snowed on consecutive days since last Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully this weather takes a turn for the better, because I would really enjoy being able to walk on the sidewalk without stepping in slush. Regardless, the cloudy skies cast a dismal shadow over the city. Though, it would probably provide an ideal backdrop for Universitaet Stuttgart campus, the rationale being that the buildings do not possess the originality inherent in the buildings on KU's campus and, moreover, resemble factories. Yet I have been told by my Australian companions that this is what would be found on an Australian University campus. Odd.

Not much new has been going happening in Germany as of late. Saw the Mercedes-Benz museum this past Saturday and discovered a real good pizza place on Koeningstrasse. I can start to tell my German is improving day by day, eventually I might be able to eavesdrop on conversations and understand all that is said.

Bis bald!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like the weather has been improving, hope the snow melts. Good pix from the Mercedes-Benz museum